JANUS 46 BKS BZWD VERSION VDS BZ

This is our foreign language Lockpicking forum. Here you can talk with like-minded people from all over the world.

Moderatoren: Retak, Crocheteur

Antworten
reckfield
Frischfleisch
Frischfleisch

JANUS 46 BKS BZWD VERSION VDS BZ

Beitrag von reckfield »

Hi, I'm looking for purchase this cylinder with the highest degree of protection, but in the version VDS BZ, bks offers BZWD protection. And there is a horizontal pin that I cannot understand for what purpose is designed for, I attach a photo.

On some website it suggested that I can remove it if is no suitable for your door, but I don't know if its really worth it to buy it in vds version if I have to remove it later on, it does not make sense.

Please hope you guys can clarify my situation.

thank you!
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

mhmh
Unbeschreiblich
Unbeschreiblich
Eigener Benutzer Titel: Franzose

Re: JANUS 46 BKS BZWD VERSION VDS BZ

Beitrag von mhmh »

This pin is meant to additionally hold the cylinder behind an escutcheon plate like this: https://www.wagner-sicherheit.de/sicher ... child.html
- so it cannot be forcefully pulled out.

But they know you can only mount such special lock cylinder from the outside of the door, which means: You need to be able to remove that escutcheon plate, then place the lock cylinder, then put the outside escutcheon plate in place again. If you cannot do that, you cannot use that horizontal pin.

If you use a plate like this https://www.wagner-sicherheit.de/sicher ... ckung.html nobody can forcefully pull the lock cylinder out, and you don’t need that special pin.

reckfield
Frischfleisch
Frischfleisch

Beitrag von reckfield »

thank you for you reply

It seems pretty different if we compare here in Spain or Italy, usually we use round defender escutcheon.

Please check the photo. Here the doors is conectted as you said, but in diferent way. In this case the screw distance is larger than the spanish escutcheon, which means that is more difficult to be pulled or tear off.

I'm looking for some no very popular cylinder in Spain, Brand like Keso, Dom, Evva, Dorma Kabba and Abus, even their top class model are very popular in Spain.

So, due to the security reasons, I'm more focus on models with VDS bz or VDS bz+, and no conventional brands like IKON, CES, WILKA and BKS.

JKS janus 46, stainless steel version, and VDS BZ+. Probably I will choose this one, because it seems there is not other options. Because:

CES 910 WR6 VDS BZ+ , impossible to find it on german websites.
IKON WRW VDS BZ+ W531, I have just came across the vds b+ version
Jks Nuvius system, it seems interesting to me because there is a BZ version, but it seems its not for sell.
Wilka Primus Vx with BZ version, it seems very interesting their anti-pull ring, I saw it on https://www.xn--trschloss-online-jzb.shop/, I sent them a couple of mails, but it seems them no very interested in giving me a answer.

Why there is so many VDS BZ versions and they are not for sell? It's pitty for the international market, at least in my point of view.Bild

Please if you are interested in, could you guys contribute my decision-making?.

thank you
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

mhmh
Unbeschreiblich
Unbeschreiblich
Eigener Benutzer Titel: Franzose

Beitrag von mhmh »

So if you have this defender already, don’t you think it defends enough against pulling? Pulling is the Z in BZ, so could you live without that Z?

reckfield
Frischfleisch
Frischfleisch

Beitrag von reckfield »

wow, great answer mhmh! you have just changed my mindset

sometimes you need someone to keep you rational for making decisions. Because when you have right to choose something for you, you always want the best of the best in terms of security. And that keeps you irrational.

So tell me, in base of your expertise, which cylinder would you buy if your are in my position. Would be in this case B+, best cylinder in terms of drilling protection?

thank you

reckfield
Frischfleisch
Frischfleisch

Beitrag von reckfield »

I'm trying to figure out the thickness of the key of Janus 46, someone could tell that Janus can fit into a 4mm escutcheon keyhole.
Please check the photo and the technical information.

thank you

rondeLoro
Eigner
Eigner
Eigener Benutzer Titel: Schlüsselkind

Beitrag von rondeLoro »

reckfield hat geschrieben: 28. Mär 2024 01:03 I'm trying to figure out the thickness of the key of Janus 46
It is 3,3 mm.

Antworten